Computer science PhD candidate and researcher at the Paderborn University, Germany. Research interests include network softwarization and optimization, cloud and edge computing, 5G and beyond, as well as machine learning, in particular reinforcement learning.
- 5+ years of experience in networking research and engineering with Python
- Project leader of own 2-year project from ideas to implementation (€ 100K grant)
- Author of 25+ peer-reviewed publications with 2 awards
- Experienced collaborator in large interdisciplinary projects with industry partners
- Open-source contributor and maintainer of Ray RLlib, a leading framework for deep RL
Always curious and eager to learn and to challenge myself. Enjoy tackling difficult problems and finding creative solutions.
German grades: 1.0 = excellent, 4.0 = sufficient/passing grade
Research on network management and optimization, network softwarization (NFV/SDN), cloud and edge computing, 5G and beyond, as well as machine learning and reinforcement learning.
Researching, implementing, and evaluating different protocols for vehicular networking.
Honors & Awards
For our paper at 2020 IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM)
Accepted at Software Campus with €100K grant to lead my own 2-year research project, RealVNF.
Awarded by the computer and communication systems group, Paderborn University
Awarded by Germany’s oldest and most prestigious scholarship foundation
National scholarship awarded to less than 1% of students in Germany
Paderborn University’s computer science scholarship incl. conference grants
Award for outstanding performance in mathematics (best of my year)
Skills & Technology
Languages:German (native), English (professional), Spanish, Finnish (intermediate)
Cloud & Container:Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP DevOps
Machine Learning:numpy, pandas, sklearn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
:Ray RLlib, OpenAI Baselines, OpenAI Gym
- Technology & Machine Learning
- Traveling & Languages
- Hiking & Running
- Cooking & Eating